Monday, December 2, 2013

Here's a new one. Still in progress, it's part of my series of self-portraits which pull back to include the mirror. As such, the painting is not merely an image of my self, but of its reflection. Rather than focusing in on my appearance, I believe this draws attention to the phenomenological experience at the heart of perceptual painting. I originally planned for this to be a fast and loose painting, but I'm liking it more and more as it gains focus.  Below are a few earlier states...
                                               Here it is prior to tightening up the plant...

                                      and here it is at a much earlier state. I like the energy here, but I                                            appreciate the specificity of the newer states.    

No comments:

Post a Comment